Department Updates – April 2016
Department of Athletics
On-Campus Stadium Update:
- Construction of the stadium is on schedule and on budget!
- On Friday, March 25, it was announced that the Department of Athletics had secured a $20 million anonymous gift benefiting the stadium with the stipulation that the Sonny Lubick Field name be transferred from Hughes Stadium to the new, on-campus stadium. Learn more here.
- More than 70 percent of the premium seating (Outdoor Club and Indoor Club seats, Loge Boxes, and Suites) in the new stadium has been spoken for, reaching 100 percent of the capacity that needed to be sold according to the financial model for premium seating.
- Just under 1,900 bricks have been sold as part of the Brick Campaign for the new stadium, bringing in 534 new donors to the University!
Sports and Events Updates:
- Congratulations to our women’s basketball team! They finished one of the most successful seasons in CSU history, with a record of 31-2, and they secured a berth in the NCAA Tournament.
- Don't miss the Green and Gold Football Spring Game and Ram Club member appreciation event on April 23 at Hughes Stadium!
- The Ram Club Golf Tournament is May 27 at Collindale Golf Course and Southridge Golf Club. Registration opens May 2!
You Are Invited to the 14th Annual Green & Gold Gala!
Please join us April 30 at the Westin Denver International Airport as we celebrate Colorado State University and raise funds for the Metro Denver Scholarship endowment. As a gateway to graduation, the Metro Denver Scholarship allows the best and the brightest Denver-area students facing hardship in their final years at CSU to complete their degrees. Also, this year we will be celebrating the University’s tremendous partnership with the city of Denver.
Enjoy tours of the Westin Denver International Airport and its expansive art collection, a silent auction, entertainment by Denver-based Dueling Pianos, and remarks from President Tony Frank. CSU alumnus Reed Saunders, '03, the official "Voice of the Rockies," will emcee.
For tickets and additional information about the event, please visit www.alumni.colostate.edu/gala.
2016 Distinguished Alumni Awards
It is that time of year again when we prepare for the 2016 Distinguished Alumni Awards! This year’s banquet will be Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016. Please mark your calendars. The nomination process has also now begun! The nomination deadline is Friday, May 27, 2016, by 5 p.m. MT. Visit www.alumni.colostate.edu/distinguished-alumni-awards for all award descriptions, nomination and selection instructions, nomination forms, a list of past recipients, and instructions on how to resubmit a nomination from last year. Contact Gloria Owusu at Gloria.Owusu@colostate.edu for more information.
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
There is a lot happening in the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences! Check out the spring editions of our alumni newsletters below.
In other news, we hosted our 10- and 20-year D.V.M. Class reunions, and the Class of 1996 launched its class scholarship at the reunion.
University Advancement Development
It might be more than 1,600 miles away, but there is tons happening at the CSU Todos Santos Center, and we want to share it with the CSU community! To highlight the educational and cultural exchange occurring at the center, we’ve recently launched a quarterly newsletter, available in both English and Spanish. This is currently being sent to students who’ve studied at the center, CSU staff and faculty involved with the project, and many local community partners in the Baja California Sur region. To learn more, you can sign up, or check out our stories by visiting todossantos.colostate.edu/news.
March was a busy month for the Office of Planned Giving! Eleven planned gifts were submitted to CGI to be booked.
All gift receipts (printed and e-mail) now reflect a new number and e-mail address, if donors have inquiries. Donors can now call Jeanetta Caligari directly at (970) 491-7774 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Frontier Legacy Society Luncheon is set for May 26. The Office of Gift Planning will send 10 print invitations to each college for use at their discretion. Both e-invites and print invitations will be sent on or around April 22.