Calendar – June 2016
Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
9 a.m.-noon July 11 | Room 382 Lory Student Center
This training will be facilitated by Ria Vigil from the VP for Diversity Office. Ria is one of the most talented diversity trainers on campus, so if you haven't yet taken this training, we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1. Coffee and snacks will be provided.
1:30-3 p.m. July 19 | Room 304 Lory Student Center
We invite University Advancement's new hires to participate in this StrengthsFinder training, a great assessment that identifies some of your innate talents, so you can then develop them into strengths. We have trained most of the division in StrengthsFinder, and we would love to include you as well.
In preparation for the training, you must complete the StrengthsFinder assessment. Please see instructions below. Please obtain your access code first from Angie Curtis and then e-mail your top five strengths to email@example.com no later than June 28, and let her know if you have any questions.
- You will need at least 30 minutes of uninterrupted time to take the assessment online. Once you begin the instrument, you cannot stop and log back in, so please turn off your phone, close your door, etc.
- There are 177 questions (by “question,” you will be asked to choose on a five-point spectrum which statements most describe you or your thoughts and feelings).
- There is a 20-second time limit for each question, so go with your first response and do not overthink the questions.
- At the beginning of the assessment, you will be asked a few demographic questions, including the ZIP code of your birthplace, so you may want to look this up online. (This is a Gallup instrument, so I’m sure they are asking this question for another study. If you can’t find it, don’t worry.)
- Go to www.strengthsfinder.com. Select the StrengthsFinder 2.0 option, then sign in using your unique access code provided by Angie Curtis.
- If you have any technical problems, call (888) 561-5270 (6 a.m.-6 p.m. MST Monday-Thursday and 6 a.m.-4 p.m. MST Friday).
- After you have completed the assessment, please print the “Strengths Insight and Action-Planning Guide” (this is the document that has each talent with a brief description), and bring this with you to the training.
- Please send Angie Curtis your “top five” no later than Tuesday, June 28, via e-mail.
University Advancement Retreat
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8 | Agricultural Research, Development, and Education Center
Join us for the annual divisionwide retreat that focuses on professional development and team building. For more information, please e-mail Alexis Kanda-Olmstead.
Sept. 28-29: 21st-Century Energy Transition Symposium (formerly known as the Natural Gas Symposium)
UA Director and Divisional Meetings
June 15-Aug. 3: Lagoon Concert Series
6-8:30 p.m. every Wednesday. Click here for more info.