Department Updates – March 2016
Department of Athletics
The 35th Annual Ram Good Time Auction raised $275,815 for student-athlete scholarships, thanks to more than 700 guests, several volunteers, and many generous sponsors. Through the years, this event has raised well over $4 million to benefit the scholarship fund for our student-athletes. Click here to learn more.
More than 1,976 bricks have been sold to benefit the stadium campaign. Design your brick today, be part of history, and help us reach the 2,000 milestone: http://stadium.colostate.edu/bricks
Thanks to everyone who joined us in the Co’s BMW Courtside Club during basketball season. We hope you enjoyed this benefit! A post-season survey was sent to those with season passes to the exclusive hospitality area, but please contact us if you have any additional feedback.
College of Liberal Arts
The Gregory Allicar Museum of Art (formerly University Art Museum) received a major gift-in-kind valued at $1.5 million from the Torleif Tandstad/Larry Hartford collection. The gift is the largest ever received by the museum and serves as a catalyst for the museum's expansion. Click here for the full story.
The Gregory Allicar Museum of Art recently announced its new name and grand re-opening. Thanks to a generous gift of more than $2 million from an anonymous lead donor, the museum will open its expanded and remodeled space with a public event on Saturday, Sept. 10.
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
An anonymous racehorse breeder has donated $20 million to Colorado State University to build a state-of-the-art regenerative medicine research facility, fulfilling a $65 million matching challenge from lead donors and fellow horse aficionados, John and Leslie Malone. Click here for the full story.
Check out Impact Magazine, the campaign magazine for the college that shares the stories of our faculty, staff, students, and alumni who aim to change the world and discover a better tomorrow.
University Advancement Development
In support of Colorado State University System priorities, UAD Strategic Initiatives secured its first cash gift to the CSU Center in Todos Santos. This $100,000 contribution will provide initial funding to kick-start several community outreach programs, including English language instruction for local residents as well as a business-skills development program assisting local entrepreneurs from a variety of industries. Not only will this gift serve to enhance current programming offered to students and faculty, it will also provide great community benefits and help to build better connections between CSU and residents of Todos Santos and Baja California Sur.
John Festervand held an event in New York City in conjunction with Harry Turtle (department chair, finance) to connect our alumni in New York with current students who were visiting the city for professional development as a part of “Rams on Wall Street.” The gathering served as a conclusion to the event and also allowed N.Y. Rams to connect with each other, learn more about current developments at CSU, and show their Ram pride.
The Donor Relations and Stewardship office welcomes Jeanetta Caligari to its team! Here’s a quick glance of who does what in DRS:
- Jeanetta Caligari: Pledge reminders, birthday list, memorial and in-honor of acknowledgments, endowment certificates (produces and routes to President's Office for signature), donor e-mails and inquiries
- Laura Anderson: Presidential acknowledgment letters ($100,000-plus), vice president of University Advancement acknowledgment letters ($10,000-plus), impact reports, donor honor roll, stewardship fund reports, Donor Connect, endowment reports
- Kelly Liggett: Lory and Morgan giving societies, CSU games/suites, Bronco game/Champion Club, Distinguished Alumni Awards recipient liaison
- Marla Trumper: Prospect strategy, donor strategy, donor visits, personalized stewardship plans, donor access to unique experiences
- Colleen Meyer: Pledge forgiveness, endowment reports, budget/workbook, UAD retired faculty and staff events, President’s Gala, milestone acknowledgments, donor thank-you visits