Give Through Electronic Transfer
You’re ready to make an impact on Colorado State University and have worked with your broker to figure out what securities to donate via electronic transfer. What next?
FOR MAXIMUM GIFT-PROCESSING EFFICIENCY, PLEASE INFORM THE CSU FOUNDATION OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A description of the donated security
- Number of shares
- Donor name (Without the donor name, receipts cannot be created.)
- Gift purpose/fund name (Without the gift purpose, funds cannot be distributed to CSU.)
- Your contact at CSU (college/department.)
- Once we have this information, you can authorize your broker to transfer the securities to CSU Foundation’s brokerage account.
Your electronic transfer is SAFE: CSU Foundation uses the Depository Trust Company, which is a central securities repository where marketable securities are exchanged. The DTC is a member of the Federal Reserve System.
DTC INSTRUCTIONS FOR ELECTRONIC TRANSFER OF SECURITIES:
Merrill Lynch Bank of America
Deliver to DTC Clearing #8862
For the benefit of Colorado State University Foundation
Account #41s04008 (note the letter “s” not the number “5”)
CSU Foundation Tax ID: 23-7098397
CSU FOUNDATION’S BROKER:
(970) 266-4803 (Brandon Gorsky’s Office)
CSU FOUNDATION CONTACT:
300 University Services Center
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Give with Physical Certificates
You’re ready to make your impact on CSU with a physical certificate of securities. Before initiating the gift, please contact the CSU Foundation to discuss the intended gift and inform them of:
A description of the donated security
Number of shares
Donor name (Without the donor name, receipts cannot be created.)
Gift purpose/fund name (Without the gift purpose, funds cannot be distributed to CSU.)
Your contact at CSU (college/department)
Next, you will need to fill out an Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power Form.
* The signature on this will need to be Medallion Signature Guaranteed (usually available from your financial institution). Please DO NOT sign the stock certificate.
Now, you’re almost done. All you need to do is deliver the Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power Form and the stock certificate to the CSU Foundation.
DELIVER BY MAIL
If mailing the forms, the stock certificate and Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power Form should be mailed separately by certified mail with a return receipt to:
Colorado State University Foundation
P.O. Box 1870
Fort Collins, CO 80522
DELIVER BY OVERNIGHT COURIER OR HAND-DELIVERY
Please direct these deliveries to:
200 W. Lake Street, Campus Delivery 9100
Fort Collins, CO 80523-9100